Farmhouse 1 in Charente Maritime | 10 Bedrooms
Conde Nast-awarded Farm House in Charente Maritime, France. Ideal for Weddings and Special Celebrations.
Sleeps: Up to 20 guests (Main House + 1 bedroom in Self-Contained Apartment); 18 pax (main House only)
(5 doubles, 4 twins + 1 separate apartment).
Set in its own secluded grounds, this stunning farm house provides exceptional 5 star accommodation in the heart of the Charente Maritime countryside. The building is an historic mill that has been completely renovated. The property has 10 ensuite bedrooms in total, ALL en-suite, Wi-Fi throughout the house and grounds.
There are 9 bedrooms in the main house and the availability of a completely separate self contained apartment at the East end of the property, which has one bedroom, en suite bathroom with shower & toilet, lounge/diner & fully fitted kitchen. This villa has been voted one of the 25 best villas in Europe by Conde Nast. It is also a perfect venue for a vacation or French Wedding/Celebration or both if combined and the enthusiastic owners will be at hand to help you have a memorable stay.
Close to the historic towns of Saintes, Cognac, Taillebourg, St Jean D’Angely. This villa is set in a wonderful location only 40 minutes from the beaches. Easy access to Angoulême, the capital of the Charente, the major train stations, international airports, and only 4 hours from St Malo ferry port. The Charente Maritime region is exceptionally sunny, and has its own micro climate as a result of the Azores’ anticyclone, making for mild springs and pleasant autumns.
- CULTURE AND ART: Inland and around the area it boasts over 400 stunning Romanesque churches. It is a place where the land meets the sea and is reflected in the beautiful shades of the wooden shutters adorning the honey coloured sandstone houses.
- BEACH HOLIDAYS: Along its 470 kilometres of coastline, the Charente Maritime has around 110 beautiful sandy beaches. Seafood is a speciality here. It is steeped in culture and history and boasts 500 years of Maritime history from the imposing outline of Fort Boyard to the coastal fortifications of La Rochelle.
BEDROOMS AND LIVING AREA
- Main house: Large foyer | Formal dining room, which comfortably seats up to 20 people | Fully equipped utility/laundry room with washing machine, tumble dryer, disabled toilet, baby bath and cleaning equipment | Large salon that has the traditional Charantais fireplace with three large comfy couches and entertainment in the form of a huge plasma television which has Freesat (just bring your own SKY card), Blu-ray DVD, and a quality music system | Modern kitchen | Large balcony area, which contains two large comfy couches and a large well stocked Library with novels, children’s books and magazines.
- Large swimming pool area: 12mx6m heated salt-water swimming pool with sun loungers, plus integrated 4mx3m kids pool;
- A large 15m decking area, which houses the poolside Cabana with comfy seating and fans. A Douche Soleil (Solar heated pool shower).
- Children’s playground with swing set, slide, trampoline, and a lovely wooden Wendy house.
- Charentais stone built BBQ at the pool area, Weber Genesis gas BBQ.
- 2 acres of beautiful landscaped grounds.
- Garden games (Badminton), table tennis table, numerous board games.
MAIN HOUSE: Garden room: doubles as an extra bedroom with twin beds to accommodate additional adults or children in the party. Upstairs: East and West wings of the house, which contain the 5 double en-suite bedrooms and 3 twin en-suite bedrooms.
The bedrooms are beautifully furnished in an eclectic style mixing ancient with modern in a traditional setting with honey coloured Charantais stone walls and solid oak flooring. These bedrooms and bathrooms have been lovingly restored to compliment the rest of the mill, without sacrificing the modern necessities of bathrooms and showers.
SELF-CONTAINED APARTMENT: There are two single beds in the lounge area. This fully furnished self-contained apartment is equipped with a 42” flat screen TV with a blue-ray DVD player. Outside there is a large terrace with outdoor seating, perfect for some al-fresco dining. A a z-bed, suitable for a child under 12 years of age is also available on request at extra charge.
MAIN VILLA FEATURES
- LOCATION: Charente Maritime, Nouvelle Aquitaine, France.
- STAFF: Self-Catering Villa.
- SWIMMING POOL: 2mx6m heated salt-water swimming pool with sun loungers, plus integrated 4mx3m kids pool (Open 1st May – 30th September, 9am – 9pm, subject to weather conditions).
- DINING: Self- Catering Villa. The Villa has a fully equipped kitchen: American style fridge, 5 ring gas hob, two full sized electric ovens and microwave. There is a central island which houses the sink, two dishwashers, 2 drawer drinks fridge, Wine cave, and is a great place to congregate when cooking. There is also a large ancient rectangular dining table and chairs, perfect for having breakfast with family or friends.
- COMMUNICATION: Wi-Fi, Mobile telephone coverage.
- ENTERTAINMENT: Cable TV, DVD, indoor and outdoor games; table tennis; pool/snooker; Golf and tennis nearby; go-karting nearby
- FAMILIES: Ideal for families with toddlers. Child-Safe Pool, Cot(s), High Chair(s), Toys, Fenced grounds
- TRANSPORT: Paris is about 4-1/2 hours drive from the villa, which is also accessible via TGV trains from Paris and the nearest station is Saintes or St Jean D’Angely. Both towns are about 15 – 20 minutes drive away. Nearest airport: Bordeaux (Merignac Airport), about 1-1/2 hrs drive away. La Rochelle a slightly smaller airport is located 45 minutes drive away and there are many budget airlines flying from the UK to La Rochelle.
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: Heating, Fireplace, Barbecue, Wheelchair access.
RATES (GBP) – 18 GUESTS
|Rental period||3 Nights||4 Nights||5 Nights||Weekly|
|Jan 15th 2021 – Apr 10th 2021||£2,688||£3,225||£3,763||£4,300|
|Apr 10th 2021 – Jun 26th 2021||£3,225||£3,978||£4,730||£5,913|
|Jun 26th 2021 – Aug 28th 2021||–||–||–||£7,525|
|Aug 28th 2021 – Oct 2nd 2021||£3,225||£3,978||£4,730||£5,913|
|Oct 2nd 2021 – Apr 9th 2022||£2,688||£3,225||£3,763||£4,300|
|Apr 9th 2022 – Jun 25th 2022||£3,225||£3,978||£4,730||£5,913|
|Jun 25th 2022 – Jul 19th 2022||–||–||–||£7,525|
Included in the rental price:
- Energy costs included? Electricity and water are included in rental price except in winter when electricity will be charged based on consumption (meter reading).
- Linen & towels: All linen, bath and pool towels for the max. number of guests are included in the rental price and changed 1 per week.
- Highchairs: 2 highchairs are provided free of charge. Travel cots: extra €12/cot – max. 2 available.
- Final cleaning: Leave the property in the state you found it on arrival, otherwise guests must pre-book a non-refundable end of stay cleaning charged as follows: main house: €350 / Apartment: €80. (To be paid with the security deposit)
- Heating costs: In winter the oil-fuelled central heating system will be charged based on consumption (meter reading).
- All supplements must be paid in advance of the holiday together with the security deposit (1,000 GBP for the house / 500 GBP for the apartment)
Changeover day: Saturday (flexible-please enquire).
The official prices for Villas in France are in GBP. Other Currencies are listed for Reference Only. Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote, please contact us.