Portes-du-Soleil Catered Chalet in Châtel
Ski Chalet between the border of France and Switzerland
Sleeps: 13 guests – 7 Bedrooms
Request for Special offers & Discounts at the time of the booking.
Prices based on an occupancy of 12 adults
(Can accommodate 3 additional children on extra cost)
|*WEEKLY PRICES||From EURO – €9,228- €20,762 – Weekly|
Portes-du-Soleil Catered Chalet in Châtel is a newly renovated traditional Savoyard farmhouse located in the picturesque resort of Châtel, at the heart of the vast Portes du Soleil ski area. The professional team offers catering, concierge and in-resort chauffeur service, which would make your ski holiday an ideal rental at Portes-du-Soleil Catered Chalet in Châtel.
The original character of this Portes-du-Soleil Catered Chalet in Châtel has been maintained with wood interiors, exposed beams and a roaring fireplace. The addition of modern facilities including an outdoor hot tub and sauna create a mountain retreat from which to enjoy the landscape, sumptuous food and hospitality.
The heart of the Portes-du-Soleil Portes-du-Soleil Catered Chalet in Châtel is the full width, south facing living space, from which to enjoy the stunning scenery. This area comprises a cocktail bar, lounge with warming fire and seated dining for 12 guests. A movie lounge and kids playroom are available along with a library and office in the mezzanine.
Six tastefully decorated bedrooms accommodate friends and families.
The ground floor comprises a master en-suite bedroom and two further double/twin en-suite bedrooms. Each has direct access to the south facing balcony or garden terrace. A further generous double bedroom with separate adjoining bunkroom share a large dedicated bathroom. The sixth bedroom is in the mezzanine with en-suite.
For relaxation after a day on the slopes enjoy the outdoor hot tub and sauna or visit the chalet’s own wine cave for evening wine tasting. The chalet has safe enclosed gardens with children’s alpine playhouse, covered double garage and additional parking for three cars and laundry facilities.
Good news! For a little extra, this property can be booked as a Vill’otel
Hang on… what is that?
It’s the perfect combo of the privacy of your own, You can now rent Fully-Catered Chalet in Val d’Isere with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel.
What can be arranged?
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the Extras for all the details or just ask us.
Châtel is your very best alternative to purpose-built resorts. Situated in between Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc, this traditional French alpine village climbs up the hillside and offers an experience which is still unspoilt by tourism. Châtel is most frequented by French clientele, and aside from school holidays, you won’t find big tour operators bringing busloads of British tourists around. The surrounding area is also full of beautiful natural sites, so if you’re keen to spend an afternoon off the slopes, hiking or snowshoeing are great options. These excursions also make Châtel the perfect site for an alpine holiday in summer.
On the sunlit slopes right above the village, you’ll find Châtel’s own pistes. They are very scenic to ski, and one of the lifts to the top even provides fantastic views over Lake Geneva. The resort is separated into two areas, Barbossine-Super Châtel and Linga-Pre la Joux, which are linked by a free bus service. The highest slope peaks at 2200 metres and there are 46 runs in total. Châtel has many long tree-lined runs that are suitable for any proficiency level and that stay open until late April.
The centre of Châtel is a mere 2-minute shuttle drive or a pleasant walk away.
Nearest Airport(s): Nearest Airport: Geneva (70 Km), Nearest Train Stationç Thonon-Les-Bains (33km), Nearest Town/City: Chatel (1km), Nearest Restaurant: (1km), Nearest Bar: Pub/Bar (1km)
THINGS TO DO IN CHATEL WHILE ON HOLIDAY
Châtel is also part of the world famous Portes du Soleil circuit, made up of twelve resorts spread across the French-Swiss border. You can ski Châtel and some of its surrounding areas (including Torgon and Morgins in Switzerland) with a Châtel Liberté Lift Pass, or you can get access to the whole of the Portes du Soleil with a wider area pass and explore its 600 kilometres of slopes. Beginners might be happy staying closer to Châtel while intermediate and expert skiers cover the more challenging parts of the circuit. If you choose the latter, you could find yourself starting out a run in France and ending it in Switzerland.
Keep in mind that Châtel is limited in terms of après-ski. It is not a party resort, but one that caters brilliantly well for families. Special events and activities are held for children year-round, and there is a daycare for those too little to spend all day on the slopes. Instead of spending your evening at the bars, Châtel is the place to discover local French cuisine, take the kids sledging or bowling, or even skiing under the stars as part of the resort is floodlit between 7:30 and 9:30 PM.
LIVING AREAS AND BEDROOMS
The Portes-du-Soleil Fully-Catered Chalet in Châtel is divided over four floors with six bedrooms and five bathrooms. There is accommodation for 12 adults and 3 additional children.
– Double or Twin bedroom with balcony access and en-suite bathroom with bath, shower, double sinks and WC
– Family suite consisting of a double bedroom and neighbouring bunkbed room with a shared family bathroom
– Double or Twin bedroom with access to the garden terrace and en-suite bathroom
– Double or Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
– Open living space with dining table for 12 guests, comfortable seating area with log fire and cocktail bar
– TV snug and playroom with plasma screen TV, DVD player, DVD library and art and craft supplies
– Fully equipped open plan kitchen with breakfast table
– Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
– Library with a selection of books, magazines and iPad dock and printer
Lower Ground Floor
– Wine cellar and tasting room
– Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer
– Outdoor hot tub with breath-taking views of the surrounding mountains
– Large gardens, perfect for building snowmen!
– Alpine playhouse
– Barbecue and outdoor dining area
– Picnic area
– Washing Machine and Tumble Dryer
– Outdoor Hot Tub
– Plasma screen TV, DVD player and DVD library
– Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels, bathrobes and luxurious toiletries
– Covered garage for two cars
– Nespresso coffee machine
– Sonos Music
– Log fire
– Cocktail bar
– Sledges and Snowshoes
– Off-road buggy
– Early supper for children
MAIN VILLA FEATURES – Portes-du-Soleil Catered Chalet in Châtel
- LOCATION: The Portes du Soleil is a major ski destination in the Alps, encompassing 13 resorts between Mont Blanc in France and Lake Geneva in Switzerland..Châtel is a village in France’s Haute-Savoie region and a base for the Portes du Soleil ski area.
- STAFF: Fully Catered luxury chalet
- HEATING: Working Fireplace – Heating
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- HOT TUB – Yes
- DINING: Fully Catered luxury Ski chalet
- COMMUNICATION: Internet/Wifi
- FAMILIES: Ideal for kids, teens, family and friends.
- PETS: Check st the time of Booking
- ENTERTAINMENT: Satellite TV, DVD,
- ENTERTAINMENT (NEARBY): Walking/Hiking Paths, Skiing, Outstanding Landscapes, Outdoor Pursuit & Activities, Tourist Towns & Villages
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: Ground Floor Bed & Bath, Sauna/Steam, Wine Cellar, Games Room, Indoor Game
RATES PER WEEK (EURO)
Prices based on an occupancy of 12people:
(Can accommodate 3 additional children on extra cost)
|*WEEKLY PRICES||From EURO – €9,228- €20,762 – Weekly|
- The official prices for Portes-du-Soleil Catered Chalet in Châtel, France are in EURO (€). Other Currencies are listed for reference only. If payments are required in other currencies, Every time a payment is collected, it will be converted to the charging currency on the days exchange rates (XE) prior to invoicing. Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote please contact us.
- All prices published in PLV’s marketing material and on our website are for guidance only.
- In exceptional circumstances changes and errors occasionally occur.We reserve the right to alter or correct errors in any quoted or published prices at any time prior to the Booking being confirmed, once confirmed price will not change. At times, some owners don’t update very recent price changes.
*This service is based on a week-long stay and services may be tailored to your exact requirements during the booking process. Exact services included with each booking will be listed on the Booking Confirmation.
Special terms and conditions that supersede our standard terms and conditions
If you wish to make any changes to your confirmed booking, you must notify PLV in writing as soon as possible. PLV shall make every attempt to meet your request, but cannot guarantee compliance with such requests.
Modifications to the booking form are only valid if they are made in writing, and if they are signed by you and us, or when we have inputted amendments into the booking form. You hereby agree to indemnify PLV/the owner for any reasonable expenses incurred in making an amendment.
Should you wish to cancel your booking for whatever reason, this should also be made in writing and charges will be levied as follows:
(i) if cancelled more than 12 weeks before the arrival date, the deposit payment will be forfeited (unless the deposit is paid by credit card in which case the deposit will be refunded in full if cancellation is received within 24 hours of payment being taken); and
(ii) if cancelled less than 12 weeks before the arrival date, the full booking price will be forfeited and 100% of the booking shall be due and payable to PLV.
We strongly advise that every client take out suitable holiday insurance for the duration of their stay, including cancellation insurance to limit your cancellation risk and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property. Read more on our Terms and Conditions.
INCLUSIONS AND EXTRAS
INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL RATE
- Security deposit: Check at the time of booking.
- Energy costs included?: Included in the rental price
- Heating costs included?: Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included?: Included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included?: Included in the rental price
- Smoking Allowed?: No smoking in the property
- Pets welcome?: No
- Internet access?: Wi-Fi connection included
- Tax: Tourist Tax is not included in the rental price
- Minimum stay: 1 week
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Insurance: It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Chef/Cook Included
- Maid Service Included
- Babysitting Available
- On-Site Concierge
- Fully Catered
- Property host
At this Portes-du-Soleil Catered Chalet in Châtel to rent in France, you can enjoy all these services throughout your stay:
– Seven nights accommodation
– Bed linen, bath towels and toiletries
– In resort chauffeured vehicle (all day)
– Cooked/Continental breakfast (on 7 days)
– Homemade afternoon tea with coffee & tea (on 7 days)
– Gourmet four-course evening meal with Sommelier paired wines (on 6 nights)
– Brand spirits and craft gin
– Crèmant sparkling wine (on request)
– Craft ales, beers and soft drinks
– Saturday changing room – for last day skiing
– On site concierge
We take pride in ourselves on going that little bit further for our guests, so for every ski chalet in our collection we can arrange those optional extras that make it a truly memorable ski holiday.
We can typically help you arrange any of the following:
– Ski & lift passes
– Ski hire delivery service to your chalet
– Ski school (and childcare services)
– In-resort transport
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfil your requests.
- Check In4:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests12
- Min Stay7
- Extra People$On request
- Cleaning Fee$Included
- Cancellation Fee$See terms and conditions
- Security Deposit$Check at the time of Booking
- Fully Catered
- Maid service
- Satellite TV
- Villa Manager