Wedding Castle Meursault Burgundy – 7 Bedrooms
Sleeps: 15 guests
|WEEKLY RATES||From EUR 5,730 to 7,700/week|
Castle Meursault, a lovely 19th century chateau in Burgundy, is ideal for weddings, special occasions and large holiday gatherings with family and friends. Relax by the swimming pool in the vast park and enjoy a gym and massage room. This stunning castle is close to the famous Meursault vineyards and wine cellars.
This home of the Champy family, the region’s first wine estate, has been beautifully restored. Experience the authenticity of the 19th Century with all necessary comforts. The 7 elegant bedrooms and 6 modern bathrooms across the Chateau and Les Aromes cottage are air conditioned: several flat-screen TVs are available and free WiFi in the sleeping areas. The main lounge features a marble fireplace and a library in period style with a grand piano. The castle has also a professional kitchen, ideal for self-catering, but you can also hire a professional chef.
This expansive estate is 10 km from the Beaune train station and 175 km from the Lyon Airport. Nearest Ferry port Calais (Over 100 km), nearest Village Meursault (1 km), and nearest Town/City Beaune (3 km). T
- WINE EXPERIENCES: The area has world famous vineyards and wine cellars where you can taste and buy excellent Burgundy wines. The vineyards the pride of the Bourgogne with its villages such as Pommard, Volnay, Meursault, Puligny Montrachet.
- CULTURE AND HISTORY: While staying at Chateau Meursault you have the opportunity to discover a region rich in artistic and cultural wealth. The town of Beaune has an incredible architectural heritage, such as the the hospices of Beaune, the wine museum, the Marey Museum, the College of Notre Dame. You can also visit Dijon, the city of the hundred bell towers, with its museum of fine arts, the Cathedral of St. Benigne and the Church of Notre Dame.
- OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES: the region has an endless variety of activities to choose from: cycling, hot air ballooning, museums, golf, bike riding, horseback riding and helicopter tours.
LIVING AREAS AND BEDROOMS
Room Sissi: This first floor 2 bedroom suite is situated in the direction of the rising sun, named after Empress Sissi of Austria and Hungary. It consists of two bedrooms:1 double bedroom (160 x 200) and a small twin bedroom (two pullout beds, each 200 x 80) and an en suite bathroom. The suite also comes equipped with a reversible air conditioning unit, flat screen tv, internet access and access to the swimming pool and and park. The en suite bathroom has a regency bathtub with lion paws feet, nestled in the centre of the imperially decorated alcove and an Italian shower with massage columns.
Room Marie-Antoinette: This room has a 180×200 canopied bed and comes fully equipped with a reversible air conditioning system, flat screen television, internet access, view of the park, access to swimming pool and an en suite bathroom with shower massage columns, a regency bathtub with lion’s paws feet and a hairdryer.
Room Hemingway: This room has been inspired by American literature and jazz culture. It has one bed 160×200 and a bathroom with a shower, balneotherapy bath and hair dryer. The room also come fully equipped with a reversible air conditioning system, flat screen television, internet access, view of the park and access to swimming pool.
Room Pablo: This room has one double bed 160×200, and a colossal bathroom with a shower, jumbo corolla shaped bathtub and hair dryer. The room also comes equipped with a salon’s iron bench with fluffy cushions and an over ornate back rest, a reversible air conditioning system, internet access, a view of the park and access to the swimming pool.
The Cottage: This is a gorgeous cottage dating back to the 18th century, it has been restored with extremely good taste. It has a elegant integrated kitchen which opens out on the drawing room featuring a striking decorative chimney.
Raised Ground Floor: This floor has a drawing room with a decorative chimney, a television and hi-fi stereo. It also has 2 bedrooms, one with a double bed and one with a pullout bed for one or two persons. This one level cottage (with steps leading down to the garden area) also had a bathroom with a shower, toilet and washbasin and a fully equipped kitchen with an oven, hotplates, refrigerator, freezer, telephone, microwave oven and washing machine. In the corridor adjoining the Chateau and the Cottage, there is an additional small bedroom and bathroom which can sleep up to 2 additional guests. In this corridor there is also a small bedroom for two guests/children, if needed. It is usually closed but may be opened on request – please enquire.
- Garden lounge with a table, four chairs and cushions, deck chairs and parasol and an unenclosed garden within the park.
- Swimming pool measuring 6x12m. The swimming pool is shared with guests at the onsite gite unless clients book the entire Castle.
MAIN VILLA FEATURES
- LOCATION: Côte-d’Or Department and region of Bourgogne-Franche-Comté in eastern France
- STAFF: Self-Catering Villa (Caretaker/Owner on Site), Chef/Cook and Maid Service Available on extra cost.
- SWIMMING POOL: Shared Pool (Child-Safe Pool 6 x 12 metres)
- HEATING: Yes – AIR-CON – Yes
- DINING: Self- Catering Villa or Vill’otel (Like a Hotel!) on extra cost. Includes Daily breakfast, daily maid service, deluxe welcome hamper with local delicacies, welcome drinks for your group, Fridge-stocking service and Private chef service. Typical costs range between €120-€300 per person per week depending on requirements.
- COMMUNICATION: Internet
- FAMILIES: Ideal for all ages (Teens and all ages of kids), Cot(s), High Chair(s)
- CELEBRATIONS: Wedding, Ideal for Parties , Stag/Hen allowed
- ENTERTAINMENT: Cable TV, DVD, Indoor Games, Outdoor Games, DVDs
- ENTERTAINMENT (NEARBY): Waterfront, Rural Location, Walk to Restaurant, Walking/Hiking Paths, Wine Tasting, Golf Nearby, Fishing, Outstanding Landscapes, Pretty Tourist Towns & Villages
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: All Bedrooms En-Suite, Gym/Fitness Room, Conference Facilities, BBQ, Fenced Grounds
Prices based on an occupancy of 15 people:
|*WEEKLY PRICES||From EUR 5,730 to 7,700/week|
- The official prices for Villas in France are in EURO (€). Other Currencies are listed for reference only. If payments are required in other currencies, every time a payment is collected, it will be converted to the charging currency on the days exchange rates (XE) prior to invoicing. Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote please contact us.
- All prices published in PLV’s marketing material and on our website are for guidance only.
- In exceptional circumstances changes and errors occasionally occur.We reserve the right to alter or correct errors in any quoted or published prices at any time prior to the Booking being confirmed, once confirmed price will not change. At times, some owners don’t update very recent price changes.
- This service is based on a week-long stay and services may be tailored to your exact requirements during the booking process. Exact services included with each booking will be listed on the Booking Confirmation.
Special terms and conditions that supersede our standard terms and conditions
If you wish to make any changes to your confirmed booking, you must notify PLV in writing as soon as possible. PLV shall make every attempt to meet your request, but cannot guarantee compliance with such requests.
Modifications to the booking form are only valid if they are made in writing, and if they are signed by you and us, or when we have inputted amendments into the booking form. You hereby agree to indemnify PLV/the owner for any reasonable expenses incurred in making an amendment.
Should you wish to cancel your booking for whatever reason, this should also be made in writing and charges will be levied as follows:
(i) if cancelled more than 12 weeks before the arrival date, the deposit payment will be forfeited (unless the deposit is paid by credit card in which case the deposit will be refunded in full if cancellation is received within 24 hours of payment being taken); and
(ii) if cancelled less than 12 weeks before the arrival date, the full booking price will be forfeited and 100% of the booking shall be due and payable to PLV.
We strongly advise that every client take out suitable holiday insurance for the duration of their stay, including cancellation insurance to limit your cancellation risk and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL COST:
- Energy Cost
- Linen and towels
- End of Stay cleaning: EUR 250
- Tourist Tax: EUR 1.50 per person per night to be paid on site (Subject to change)
- Security deposit: EUR 1,000 paid in cash upon arrival and refunded on the day of departure, subject to full damage inspection.
- Changeover day: Any day of the week
- Smoking NOT allowed
- The swimming pool is shared with guests at the onsite gite unless client book the entire Estate subjected to additional cost.
- Weddings, stag/hen parties and celebrations are permitted on request.
- Access to the cottage must be requested at the time of booking (no extra costs involved).
- Check In4:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests15 guests
- Min StayFrom 2 nights, depending on season
- Cleaning Fee$EUR250
- Cancellation Fee$Read our Terms and Conditions
- Security Deposit$EUR1000
- Air Conditioning
- Shared pool
- Suitable for Events