Luxury Villas & Chateaux in Burgundy France
Sleeps: 10 to 33 guests – 10 Bedrooms
|*WEEKLY PRICES||From EUR 8,063 to 12,900/week|
Looking for Luxury Villas & Chateaux Holiday in Burgundy France? This is a remarkable 19th century chateau in Burgundy. Burgundy is one of the most coveted regions of France. Situated high above the French countryside, this historic home provides unobstructed panoramic views from nearly every vantage point. With a central courtyard and enclosed by ancient fortified walls, the hamlet consists of 13 thoughtfully designed bedrooms dispersed throughout the Main House, the Commons, The Caves, and the Pavilions.
Two medieval vaulted caves have been converted into spacious suites, with monumental fireplaces and period furnishings. The 19th Century main house sits atop the caves, with six bedrooms and numerous terraces to soak up the abundant scenery. The Commons holds three bedrooms plus a kids’ room within two 17th century buildings, while the Pavilions contain two light-filled studios with kitchens. All accommodation and common spaces are beautifully designed and warmly inviting, with comfortable furnishings, an open-plan floor space and traditional charm. Guests will enjoy access to spectacular pool, gardens, bikes, indoor games, and a cinema/conference room.
Nearest Airport is Auxerre branches, private, or Orly, Paris (26-30 km). The Castle is located in northern Burgundy, about a two hour drive south east of Paris, in a beautifully bucolic region of farmland and meandering waterways. There are excellent wineries within a 25-minute drive, medieval towns to explore.
- WINE EXPERIENCES: The Chablis, Irancy and St. Bris vineyards are within a twenty minute drive from the Chateau. The Meursault and Montrachet vineyards are just over an hours’ drive south. Wine tours to the many vineyards in the area can be arranged.
- CULTURE AND HISTORY:The medieval hill-town of Vezelay is within a twenty minute drive from the Chateau. The twelfth century basilica of Mary Magdalene crowning its hilltop contains some of the finest examples of early Romanesque sculpture. The Castles of Ancy and Tanlay are also a short drive away.
- OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES: Activities near the Castle include biking (along the bike path that runs most of the length of the Canal Nivernais or along back country roads through farmland and forest), boating, rock climbing, hot air ballooning and tennis.
LIVING AREAS AND BEDROOMS
INDOOR LIVING: Large salon opening out onto the back terrace | Study with its own private terrace | Billiard room | Large country kitchen, opening out onto a balcony where one can enjoy breakfast in the morning sun, with lovely views of the cliffs in the distance.
First Floor (5 bedrooms*, one 2-bed suite and 6 bathrooms)
– Bedroom 8 has a double bed (140cm) and a stand-up shower
– Bedroom 9 has a queen-size bed (160cm) and a very small bathroom with a stand-up shower
– Bedroom 10 has a queen-size bed (160cm) and a bathroom with bathtub and hand-held shower
– Bedroom 11 has a double bed (140cm) with a bathroom accessed off the hall with a stand up shower
*Please note the 5th bedroom will not be available in 2020.
Bedrooms 8-11 overlook the courtyard and are each about 20-30m2
– Bedroom 12/13 is a two-bedroom suite with a queen size bed (160cm) and valley views plus an adjoining dressing room with an additional small double bed (140cm). En-suite bathroom with bathtub and handheld shower. Bedrooms 12/13 (about 60m2 in total) are best used in the summer months
– Bedroom 14 (about 20m2) has a queen size bed (160 cm) and en-suite bathroom with a stand up shower. Beautiful valley views
The Commons (three bedrooms and a child’s room, all centrally air-conditioned)
– Bedroom 4 (about 30m2) has a walk-in closet, a fairly large bathroom with Jacuzzi tub with a very nice view of the courtyard and pool in the distance
– Bedroom 5 (about 90m2) is a very large room with two queen sized beds (160cm each), one small double bed (140cm) and a medium sized bathroom with a bathtub and handheld shower. The rear doors of this bedroom open up onto the elevated garden behind. In the front it has a lovely view over the courtyard and the valley in the distance
– Bedroom 6 consists of a main bedroom with double bed (160cm) with en-suite bathroom and stand up shower
– Bedroom 7 (adjoining bedroom 6 or can be accessed from the stairwell hall) is small with a single bed and pretty valley views
Bedrooms 4 and 5 are accessed from one stairwell, bedrooms 6 and 7 are accessed from another stairwell
The Caves (accessed via steps)
– The first Cave (50-60m2) is air conditioned and has a small bedroom tucked into the tower with a double bed (140cm), a large living room with a king-size bed (180cm) and an open-plan kitchenette plus a bathroom with stand up shower and a Jacuzzi tub. It has magnificent views over the valley. The pool area can be accessed directly from a door in the hallway.
– The second Cave has a large living room (about 70sq m), full sized kitchen, a large bedroom with a king-size bed (180cm) and a bathroom with a sit down steam shower. The bedroom of the second Cave is air conditioned. The rear door of the second Cave opens up onto the pool area. The second Cave benefits from magnificent views over the valley in front.
– Pavillion One is a smaller studio (about 30m2) with a sleeping area with a queen-size bed (160cm), kitchenette, air-conditioning and a small sitting area in the back. It has a fairly small bathroom with a sit-down shower
– Pavillion Two is a large studio (about 50m2) with a sleeping area with a queen-size bed (160cm), kitchenette and air-conditioning plus a medium sized bathroom with bathtub and hand-held shower
Both have original stone flooring (which can be uneven at times). They both open up onto the central courtyard (with access to the main house across the courtyard).
- Private heated swimming pool
- Poolside terrace with sunbeds and garden
- Two gas grills, one on each terrace
- Courtyard and Stone terraces
MAIN VILLA FEATURES
- LOCATION: Yonne Department, Burgundy-Franche-Comté Region, France.
- STAFF: Self-Catering property – Daily morning maid service of the common areas,( ie kitchens, living rooms, terraces) is included in the rental price. Daily maid service of the rooms is available as well at an additional cost.
- SWIMMING POOL: Private and heated pool (18x6m). The pool is kept heated at 29°C in season.
- HEATING: Working Fireplace
- DINING: Self- Catering Villa. A chef can be hired on extra cost, to cook during your stay to serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Occasional meals can also be catered, with pricing determined by the number of guests and the menus chosen.
- COMMUNICATION: Internet
- FAMILIES: Ideal for kids
- ENTERTAINMENT: Cable TV, DVD, Indoor Games, cinema room, Ping Pong table, Bicycles provided.
- ENTERTAINMENT (NEARBY): Waterfront, Rural Location, Walk to Restaurant, Walking/Hiking Paths, Wine Tasting, Fishing, Outstanding Landscapes, Pretty Tourist Towns & Villages, Outdoor Pursuit & Activities,
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: Outdoor Games, Conference Facilities Waterfront, All Bedrooms En-Suite, Hot tub, Laundry area, extra sheets and towels.
Prices based on an occupancy of 10 people:
|*WEEKLY PRICES||From EURO (€)8,063 to (€)12,900/week|
- The official prices for Villas in France are in EURO (€). Other Currencies are listed for reference only. If payments are required in other currencies, every time a payment is collected, it will be converted to the charging currency on the days exchange rates (XE) prior to invoicing. Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote please contact us.
- All prices published in PLV’s marketing material and on our website are for guidance only.
- In exceptional circumstances changes and errors occasionally occur.We reserve the right to alter or correct errors in any quoted or published prices at any time prior to the Booking being confirmed, once confirmed price will not change. At times, some owners don’t update very recent price changes.
*This service is based on a week-long stay and services may be tailored to your exact requirements during the booking process. Exact services included with each booking will be listed on the Booking Confirmation.
Special terms and conditions that supersede our standard terms and conditions
If you wish to make any changes to your confirmed booking, you must notify PLV in writing as soon as possible. PLV shall make every attempt to meet your request, but cannot guarantee compliance with such requests.
Modifications to the booking form are only valid if they are made in writing, and if they are signed by you and us, or when we have inputted amendments into the booking form. You hereby agree to indemnify PLV/the owner for any reasonable expenses incurred in making an amendment.
Should you wish to cancel your booking for whatever reason, this should also be made in writing and charges will be levied as follows:
(i) if cancelled more than 12 weeks before the arrival date, the deposit payment will be forfeited (unless the deposit is paid by credit card in which case the deposit will be refunded in full if cancellation is received within 24 hours of payment being taken); and
(ii) if cancelled less than 12 weeks before the arrival date, the full booking price will be forfeited and 100% of the booking shall be due and payable to PLV.
We strongly advise that every client take out suitable holiday insurance for the duration of their stay, including cancellation insurance to limit your cancellation risk and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property. Read more our Villa Rental Terms and Conditions.
INCLUSIONS AND EXTRAS
- Energy Costs included
- Linen and towels
- Security deposit: Please enquire prior to arrival. This is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Changeover day: Any day of the week.
- No smoking in the property.
- Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Access to the cottage must be requested at the time of booking (no extra costs involved).
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfill your requests!
- Check In11:00 AM
- Check Out3:00 PM
- Max Guests33
- Min Stay7 nights
- Cancellation Fee$Read our Terms and Conditions
- Security Deposit$Pay on Arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Private Pool
- Self-Catering Villa