Luxury Chateau in Burgundy France – Près de Mercurey
Sleeps: 16 guests – 8 Bedrooms
|*WEEKLY PRICES||From EURO (€)5,200 to (€)7,700/week|
The Luxury Chateau in Burgundy France, is the ideal base to explore the famous wine route of Burgundy while enjoying the luxurious comfort that the estate offers. This 19th Century ‘Haussmann’ style château is situated among vineyards and offers an exceptional panoramic view over the surrounding countryside. The landscaped garden covers 4000m2 with a 5x10m heated pool located at the foot of the vineyards.
The Château has 8 luxury bedrooms (each with its own private en-suite bathroom), a spacious living room decorated with a 19th Century panoramic fresque, a dining room, kitchen, winter garden, gym & relaxation room and sauna.
Behind this Luxury Chateau in Burgundy France the terraced garden looks across to the pool area and the vineyards beyond. A stone stairway, hidden among fig trees, gives access to the bottom of the garden with its fruit trees and wild lavender. The summer house, next to the pool, is equipped with a kitchen that includes a refrigerator, sink, ceramic hob, microwave and all the necessary glasses and crockery. Next to the summer house is the stone barbecue where you can have poolside lunch parties and aperitifs during long summer evenings.
You are sure to appreciate the spacious leisure area in the basement with its gym, sauna and relaxation area. The decoration and furnishings have been chosen with the greatest care, offering a mix of traditional and contemporary styles. The beds are made up for your arrival and towels and toiletries are provided. High definition television, blu-ray DVD and wireless internet are all available.
Note: maximum capacity is 16 adults + 1 child + 2 babies.
The local village with all the necessary shops is just 2km from this Luxury Chateau in Burgundy France. Chalon sur Saône is 13 km away and the Hypermarket is 10km away. Other towns worth visiting include Beaune 26 km, Cluny 52 km, Autun 39 km, Mâcon 73 km and Dijon 80 km.
- WINE EXPERIENCES: The area has world famous vineyards and wine cellars where you can taste and buy excellent Burgundy wines.
- CULTURE AND HISTORY:
- Museum of Photography – Chalon-sur-Saône (13 km)
- Hospices de Beaune – Beaune (26 km)
- Château de Couches – Couches (14 km).
- Clinging to its rock, the Château de Couches soars up amidst the green and rolling landscape of the vineyards of the ‘Côte Chalonnaise’.
- Château de Cormatin – Cormatin (38 km). Built in the 17th century on the remains of a 13th century castle, the
- Château de Cormatin is without a doubt one of the most elegant châteaux in Burgundy.
- The Hérisson Falls – Jura (110 km). Two streams join to make a series of waterfalls, each one more beautiful than the last.
- Cluny Abbey – Cluny (52 km). This Benedictine abbey, built in the 10th century, was the centre of the religious world and the church was the largest in the Christian world!
- Chalon dans la Rue – Chalon-sur-Saône (13 km). Each year, during the 3rd weekend in July (from the Thursday evening until Sunday evening), the streets of Chalon-sur-Saône are transformed into the stage of a multitude of live performances (jugglers, plays, concerts, acrobats,circus acts etc) during the biggest festival of street theatre in France.
- Fun Park des Combes – le Creusot (27 km)
- Green Way – Chalon-sur-Saône (10 km). From Chalon-sur-Saône to Charnay-les-Macon tens of kilometres of old railway track have been converted into a cycle track that is surrounded by rolling landscapes, vineyards and forests
- Acrogivry – Givry (10 km). At Givry, 6 hectares of oak trees are reserved for adventure in the tree tops! More than 18 circuits and 150 aerial games have been created for visitors from young children to really tough adventurers!
LIVING AREAS AND BEDROOMS
The ‘Haussman’ design gives the Luxury Chateau in Burgundy France an unusual style for the area. The façade is richly decorated with mouldings and sculptures, and the central round tower that serves as a winter garden, adds a romantic touch. All the original features have been conserved in the living room, dining room and bedrooms. From the balcony on the tower you can take in the superb view across the village and the surrounding vineyards.
The Chateau has 8 bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms. There are 5 doubles & 3 twins (the twins can be converted in to doubles if needed). The beds are made up for your arrival. Two cots are also available. Two of the bedrooms are ‘VIP bedrooms’ with views out across the park and the vineyards, one of them also has a 10m2 balcony. Both have HD television with TNT channels, Blu-ray DVD player, bath with massage jets, double washbasin and hairdryer. The 8 bathrooms have been stylishly fitted with your comfort in mind. Each has a WC, a washbasin and either a shower or bath. Towels and toiletries are provided on arrival.
The living room has an open fireplace that dates back to the 19th Century. Logs are provided enabling you to make the most of evenings around the fire with family or friends. You will also appreciate the 19th Century fresque that covers all four walls of the room. The room is extremely light and airy, with large windows opening out onto the park. The moulded ceilings, the wood panelling and the oak floor are all original and create a wonderful atmosphere. The central tower is arranged as a winter garden and being next to the living room it serves as a doorway out to the garden and pool. This is also the smokers area as smoking is prohibited in the rest of the chateau.
Books and DVDs in the library are at your disposal during your stay. An English style pool table, a big screen HD television with Satellite channels, a blu-ray DVD player and a Playstation 3 will ensure evenings full of entertainment. Wireless internet connection is available free of charge. The dining room table can seat up to 15 people and has large windows to let the light show off the beautiful moulded ceiling, the original wood paneling and the old oak floor. The glasses, crockery and cutlery are at your disposal in the sideboard.
The Château galley kitchen is fully equipped including an oven, a microwave, a 5 ring hob with extractor fan, a dishwasher, a large refrigerator, a freezer, an electric coffee maker, a toaster and an electric kettle. A full range of kitchen equipment, utensils and accessories is provided. An assortment of herbs, spices and condiments are also at your disposal. 2 high chairs are available.
A gym is available in the basement of the Château. It is equipped with two exercise bikes, a rowing machine, a weights machine, dumbars and mats. Relax afterwards in the armchairs, have a drink or enjoy a game of table football. The wall mounted TV screen with DVD player will make your workout more enjoyable! Adjacent is a spacious shower with massage jets and a sauna.
Outside the 5x10m heated swimming pool is open from April to October. The shallow end is a metre deep and goes down to around 1.9m. Spend hot afternoons lazing around the pool on one of the sunloungers with the summer house and garden table nearby for lunch by the pool or dinner on a balmy summer evening. Four bicycles and two child seats are provided at no extra charge. 16 ‘pétanque’ boules can be found at the château in case you fancy a boules contest between friends. There is also a table tennis table. There is a traditional barbecue just next to the summer house by the pool.
MAIN VILLA FEATURES
- LOCATION: Saône-et-Loire department in the Bourgogne region of eastern France.
- STAFF: Self-Catering property – Maid Service available on extra cost.
- SWIMMING POOL: Private and heated pool (Child-Safe Pool )
- HEATING: Yes – Working Fireplace
- DINING: Self- Catering Villa Chef/Cook available on extra cost.
- COMMUNICATION:Wireless internet
- FAMILIES: Ideal for all ages
- ENTERTAINMENT: High definition television, blu-ray DVD
- ENTERTAINMENT (NEARBY): Waterfront, Rural Location, Walk to Restaurant, Walking/Hiking Paths, Wine Tasting, Golf Nearby, Fishing, Outstanding Landscapes, Pretty Tourist Towns & Villages
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: All Bedrooms En-Suite, Gym/Fitness Room, Conference Facilities, BBQ, Fenced Grounds, Sauna/Steam, Games Room and Indoor/Outdoor Games
RATES : EURO (€)
Prices based on an occupancy of 16 people:
|*WEEKLY PRICES||From EURO (€)5,200 to (€)7,700/week|
- The official prices for Luxury Chateau in Burgundy France are in EURO (€). Other Currencies are listed for reference only. If payments are required in other currencies, Every time a payment is collected, it will be converted to the charging currency on the days exchange rates (XE) prior to invoicing. Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote please contact us.
- All prices published in PLV’s marketing material and on our website are for guidance only.
- In exceptional circumstances changes and errors occasionally occur.We reserve the right to alter or correct errors in any quoted or published prices at any time prior to the Booking being confirmed, once confirmed price will not change. At times, some owners don’t update very recent price changes.
*This service is based on a week-long stay and services may be tailored to your exact requirements during the booking process. Exact services included with each booking will be listed on the Booking Confirmation.
Special terms and conditions that supersede our standard terms and conditions
If you wish to make any changes to your confirmed booking, you must notify PLV in writing as soon as possible. PLV shall make every attempt to meet your request, but cannot guarantee compliance with such requests.
Modifications to the booking form are only valid if they are made in writing, and if they are signed by you and us, or when we have inputted amendments into the booking form. You hereby agree to indemnify PLV/the owner for any reasonable expenses incurred in making an amendment.
Should you wish to cancel your booking for whatever reason, this should also be made in writing and charges will be levied as follows:
(i) if cancelled more than 12 weeks before the arrival date, the deposit payment will be forfeited (unless the deposit is paid by credit card in which case the deposit will be refunded in full if cancellation is received within 24 hours of payment being taken); and
(ii) if cancelled less than 12 weeks before the arrival date, the full booking price will be forfeited and 100% of the booking shall be due and payable to PLV.
We strongly advise that every client take out suitable holiday insurance for the duration of their stay, including cancellation insurance to limit your cancellation risk and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
Terms & Conditions
– Security deposit: €1000 paid in cash upon arrival and refunded on the day of departure, subject to full damage inspection.
– Energy costs included?: Yes
– Linen & towels included?: Yes
– Pets welcome?: Not allowed
– Changeover day: Saturday
– End of stay cleaning included?: Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal
required will be charged against the security deposit.
– Smoking Allowed?: Outside only.
– Insurance: It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
– Other Ts and Cs: Please note that access to and use of the property is restricted to the guests on the booking and is subject to the maximum occupancy stated.
Access to the cottage must be requested at the time of booking (no extra costs involved).
We can typically help you arrange any of the following with a small additional cost :
– Maid service/extra cleaning
– Private chef/cook/catering
– Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
– Local day-trips or tours
– Airport pick-up/drop-off
– Babysitting/childcare services
Extras available at this Luxury Chateau in Burgundy France are subjected to availability and on extra cost:
– Bike rental
– Cooking lessons
– Massage treatments
Please note that all these services should be booked in advance and are payable locally.
- Check In3:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests16
- Min Stay7
- Cancellation Fee$Read our Terms and Conditions
- Security Deposit$€1000
- Private Pool
- Self-Catering Villa