Chateau Vescours | Luxury Castle Rental in Southeast France
Sleeps: 20 guests – 10 Bedrooms
|*WEEKLY PRICES||From EUR 6,000 to 9,600/week|
It is not easy to choose, when you are planning for a Luxury Castle Rental in Burgundy France. This property is just the ideal castle for large groups, if you are looking for a French Château with private pool. Located in a 70,000 m2 park in the heart of charming Burgundy, Château Vescours is a magnificent property dating back to 1571. Sleeping up to 20 guests in impressive en-suite bedrooms, it offers the most modern facilities along with an amazing range of leisure outdoor and indoor activities. Surrounded by centenary trees, extensive fields and a private fishing lake, you get the impression of having a kingdom just for yourself.
Tastefully designed and renovated previously by its former Swiss owner, the Château has recently benefited from the skilled, expert restoration of its current owners. This château enjoys extreme privacy, with no neighbours in sight, yet it is just three minutes away from the gorgeous medieval village of Romenay, where you will find restaurants, shops and other tourist amenities. A short and easy drive will also take you to Tournus, which is considered the capital of gastronomy in Burgundy. Your only dilemma will be which Michelin starred restaurant to choose!
The nearest Airport is Lyon (120 km), Alternatively, you can fly to Geneve (150 km).
Chateau Vescours in France sits in the South of Burgundy in the Auvergne Rhone Alpes Region. 3 km away from the main village, where you will find 3 restaurants, a supermarket, a bakery, a bank, a post office, a tourist office as well as local shops, newsagents, a pharmacy, 3 doctors and a hairdresser.
- Tournus (15km) is a nice little town with an interesting Abbey and cloister, as well as a lively Saturday morning market, not to mention its excellent Michelin starred restaurants.
- In Louhans (15kms) we recommend a visit to the Monday morning market (the biggest one in Burgundy) strolling down the charming pedestrian streets with 156 arcades, where you will find local products and plenty of women clothes and accessories.
- WINE EXPERIENCES: This is an essential destination for those who appreciate the finer aspects of the winemaker’s art. This is a region where you can visit some of the oldest and most prestigious vineyards in the world and taste wines that are regularly regarded as the best France has to offer (which is saying something). The strategic location of the Chateau is also ideal to explore the vineyards of Burgundy, Beaujolais and Jura.
- CULTURE AND HISTORY: As one of the richest regions of France for hundreds of years, Burgundy also offers a wealth of history and culture as well as beautiful landscapes that offer the adventurous visitor plenty of stuff to do, even if it’s just a walk to admire the scenery. If you’re booking one of our fantastic villas and chateaux in Burgundy.
LIVING AREAS AND BEDROOMS
Sleeping Capacity: 20 adults (10 bedrooms) + 1 child and 3 babies (child room).
GROUND FLOOR: 42m2 main entrance hall | Well equipped kitchen | Coffee corner with 3 coffee machines (Senseo, Nespresso and Classic filter), and electric kettle | 70m2 dining-room with cupboard containing crockery, table and chairs for 20 people and fireplace (wood provided in winter) WC | 30m2 Poker & games room, with professional Poker table and board games (such as Scrabble, Monopoly, Chess, puzzles etc..) | 30m2 billiard room | Electric Cellar with capacity of 80 wine bottles.
FIRST FLOOR: 5m2 living room with sofas, armchairs and chairs for 20 people, library with tourist books about the region | Home-cinema system, HD TV with Astra satellite channels, Blu-ray DVD player.
SECOND FLOOR: 60m2 games room with Play Station 3, Table football, Table tennis, Darts, and Pétanque table.
WELLNESS AREA: Fitness & sports area with body building tower, rowing machine, exercise bikes, various weights and Bluetooth Music System | Bathroom with WC, Shower and washbasin | Sauna & Steam-room | Massage room with massage table.
- Beautiful park covering 70.000 m2
- 5,000m2 private fishing lake (no licence required – fishing rods provided at no extra cost, although lines and hooks must be purchased locally)
- Dining area with tables and chairs for 20 people
- Giant parasol
- Private Swimming Pool with 16 lounge chairs
- Children’s playground
- Giant trampoline
- Football and Volleyball area
FIRST FLOOR: 4 bedrooms: 1 with twin beds, 3 with king size beds. All bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms: 3 with shower, 1 with bath, Hairdryer | Baby bedroom with one baby bed and one child bed (180 x 90cm) | Baby bath.
SECOND FLOOR: 4 bedrooms: 1 with twin beds, 3 with king size beds | All bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms with shower and hairdryer.
THIRD FLOOR: 2 bedrooms: 1 with twin beds, with 1 king size bed | All bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms with shower and hairdryer.
Note: 7 bedrooms have a king size bed (180x200cm) and 3 bedrooms have twin beds (2x 90x200cm). It is possible to convert twin beds into a king size bed on request.
MAIN VILLA FEATURES
- LOCATION: Ain Department, Auvergne Rhone Alpes Region, France.
- STAFF: Self-Catering property. This property is available as a Vill’otel!
- SWIMMING POOL: Private Pool. Salt treated heated child-safe swimming-pool (5m x 11m) with automatic cover.
- HEATING: Yes – Working Fireplace
- DINING: Self- Catering Villa. 35m2 kitchen with dish-washer, fridges, oven, microwave, gas cooker with 5 rings, blender and toaster. A chef can be hired to cook during your stay – property is available as a Vill’otel!
- COMMUNICATION: Internet WIFI.
- FAMILIES: Ideal for kids and teens. 3 strollers, baby beds with bed linens and baby bath can be provided free of charge on request.
- ENTERTAINMENT AT THE PROPERTY: Cable TV, DVD, Games Room, Indoor Games, Home Cinema, 4 bicycles, Table-tennis, billiard, PlayStation, Chess, Volleyball and Football.
- ENTERTAINMENT (NEARBY): Rural Location, Wine Tasting, Fishing, Outstanding Landscapes, Outdoor Pursuit & Activities
- SPA AND WELLNESS: wellness area in the dependence with a Sauna, steam-room, massage area and a well-equipped gym.
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: Wine Cellar, Bicycles Provided, Outdoor Games, Conference Facilities Waterfront, All Bedrooms En-Suite, Laundry room with washing machine, dryer, sink, iron and board.
RATES PER WEEK (EUR)
Prices based on an occupancy of 20 people:
|*WEEKLY PRICES||From EURO 6,000 to 9,600/week|
- The official prices for Villas in France are in EURO (€). Other Currencies are listed for reference only. If payments are required in other currencies, Every time a payment is collected, it will be converted to the charging currency on the days exchange rates (XE) prior to invoicing. Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote please contact us.
- All prices published in PLV’s marketing material and on our website are for guidance only.
- In exceptional circumstances changes and errors occasionally occur.We reserve the right to alter or correct errors in any quoted or published prices at any time prior to the Booking being confirmed, once confirmed price will not change. At times, some owners don’t update very recent price changes.
*This service is based on a week-long stay and services may be tailored to your exact requirements during the booking process. Exact services included with each booking will be listed on the Booking Confirmation.
Special terms and conditions that supersede our standard terms and conditions
If you wish to make any changes to your confirmed booking, you must notify PLV in writing as soon as possible. PLV shall make every attempt to meet your request, but cannot guarantee compliance with such requests.
Modifications to the booking form are only valid if they are made in writing, and if they are signed by you and us, or when we have inputted amendments into the booking form. You hereby agree to indemnify PLV/the owner for any reasonable expenses incurred in making an amendment.
Should you wish to cancel your booking for whatever reason, this should also be made in writing and charges will be levied as follows:
(i) if cancelled more than 12 weeks before the arrival date, the deposit payment will be forfeited (unless the deposit is paid by credit card in which case the deposit will be refunded in full if cancellation is received within 24 hours of payment being taken); and
(ii) if cancelled less than 12 weeks before the arrival date, the full booking price will be forfeited and 100% of the booking shall be due and payable to PLV.
We strongly advise that every client take out suitable holiday insurance for the duration of their stay, including cancellation insurance to limit your cancellation risk and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
INCLUSIONS AND EXTRAS
- Linen & towels included
- Pool heating
- Energy Costs
- Heating costs
- End of stay cleaning included.
NOT INCLUDED AND AVAILABLE AT THIS PROPERTY:
- Maid service/extra cleaning
- Private chef/cook/catering
- Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
- Local day-trips or tours and Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Babysitting/childcare services
- Chef service
- Laundry service
- Bike rental
- Wine tasting experiences
- Cooking lessons
- Massage treatments at the wellness centre
- Changeover day: Friday except for Christmas and New Year’s 2020 when it is Saturday changeover.
- Minimum stay: 1 week.
- Please note that access to and use of the property is restricted to the guests on the booking and is subject to the maximum occupancy stated.
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfill your requests!
- Check In5:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests20 guests
- Min Stay7 nights
- Cancellation Fee$Read our Terms and Conditions
- Masseuse/Spa Therapist (Extra Cost)
- Private Pool
- Self-Catering Villa