A luxury private Chateau for Rent in Brittany
Sleeps: Up to 10
(3 doubles + 4 single beds).
|CLOSEST BEACH||40 minutes drive|
This Chateau is a 14th century hunting lodge – a miniature castle in the middle of the Brittany countryside. A slice of French charm without overwhelming acreage, Chateau Lignol is tucked away behind Breton farmland. A long track opens up onto a vista of the famous tower which can be glimpsed through the trees. A stay at Chateau Lignol is the perfect opportunity to explore and immerse yourself in the peaceful and beautiful local area. Surrounded by farmland, this is truly rural France at its best.
Built in 1251, it was used as a hunting lodge for the Princes of Rohan from 1384 when they wanted a bolthole from the hustle of nearby Guémené sur
Scorff. It is five minutes by road to a compact busy village that boasts three , a cinema and a weekly market, as well as an active cultural life.
The chateau is a reflection of the owner’s eclectic and antique style. The airy spaces of the salons and the kitchen show off the candles, fabrics and
salvaged stage pieces that shine in the restored rooms.
The town centre of Guémené-sur-Scorff is five minutes by road to a compact busy village that boasts three boulangeries, a cinema and a weekly market, as well as an active cultural life. The nearest beaches are Guidel and Larmor Plage, which are 40 minutes away by car. The nearest airports are Dinard and Brest, which are both a 2 hour drive away. The nearest ferry ports are St Malo and Roscoff which are both approx 2 hours away. Saint-Barthélemy and Lorient are respectively 20 and 35 km away. A bit further afield, Pont-Aven (44 km) and Auray (46 km) make for interesting day trips out.
- NATURE AND WALKS: Ile de Batz is a small island offering coastal walks, a stunning exotic garden and Bronze Age burial sites. Clamber up the boulders of Parc d’Armorique where you will find scenic walking routes and idyllic villages.
- BEACH HOLIDAYS: Brittany is famed chiefly for its beaches, and with so much coastline to explore it is certainly one of the best reasons to visit the region. But there is more to Brittany than sun, sea and sand, and while a good chunk of our villas and chateaux in Brittany are found next to the coast the ones further inland are just as tempting.
BEDROOMS AND LIVING AREA
- The spacious kitchen comes equipped with oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, coffee machine and kettle.
- Dining room and two sitting rooms with a flat screen Satellite TV.
- The chateau sits in 4 acres of land and the garden has a trampoline, outdoor eating area with BBQ and a child-safe pool.
- SWIMMING POOL: The gorgeous 10 x 6 meter pool is heated during the summer months only (June to September).
The Chateau offers 4 bedrooms (3 double beds and 4 single beds) all with ensuites bathrooms.Some units also have a terrace and/or patio.
MAIN VILLA FEATURES
- LOCATION: Morbihan Department, Brittany, France.
- STAFF: Self-Catering Villa. Caretaker included
- SWIMMING POOL: heated swimming pool (10x6m).
- DINING: Self- Catering Villa. The Villa has a fully equipped kitchen
- COMMUNICATION: Wi-Fi, Mobile telephone coverage.
- ENTERTAINMENT: Satellite TV, DVD, Drum Kit, Table Football, Board Games (Monopoly,Trivial Pursuits, Cluedo, Jigsaw, Cards, Dominos, Chess Set).
- FAMILIES: Ideal for families with toddlers. Child-Safe Pool, Cot(s), High Chair(s), Toys.
- TRANSPORT: The nearest airports are Dinard and Brest (2hrs drive). The nearest ferry ports are St Malo and Roscoff (2hrs drive).
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: Heating, Fireplace, Barbecue.
Prices based on an occupancy of 13 people. Prices below are converted on day’s exchange rate at the time of confirmation from suppliers and they may change at the time of enquiry. Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote and special offers and discounts, please enquire.
|2019||Low Season||Christmas Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|MIN STAY||3 nights||7 nights||3 nights||2 nights|
LOW SEASON: Feb 17th 2019 – May 18th 2019 | Sep 21st 2019 – Dec 23rd 2019 | Jan 4th 2020 – May 16th 2020
CHRISTMAS SEASON: Dec 23rd 2019 – Jan 4th 2020
HIGH SEASON: May 18th 2019 – Jun 22nd 2019 | Aug 24th 2019 – Aug 31st 2019 (7 nights min) | Aug 31st 2019 – Sep 21st 2019 | May 16th 2020 – Jun 20th 2020.
PEAK SEASON: Jun 22nd 2019 – Jun 29th 2019 | Jun 29th 2019 – Aug 24th 2019 | Jun 20th 2020 – Jun 27th 2020 | Jun 27th 2020 – Aug 20th 2020.
Included in the rental price:
- Energy costs included
- Linen & towels included, including pool towels.
- End of stay cleaning included?: Yes.
- Smoking allowed outdoors only.
- Insurance: it is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? No. The pool is heated during Easter and from June to August only. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
Changeover day: Saturday
The official prices for Villas in France are in GBP. Other Currencies are listed for Reference Only. Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote, please contact us.
- Check In3:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests13
- Min Stay3-7 nights (depending on season)
- Cancellation Fee$Read our Terms and Conditions
- Gardener/General Maintenance
- Private Pool
- Self-Catering Villa
- Suitable for Events