Seven-bedroom Castle with a private pool in Perugia, Umbria
A stunning Medieval Castle belonging to the ancient Borgia Family. Ideal for Weddings and special events. Sleeps: 13.
|PRICES||€ 7,000-8,000/week | See below for Seasonal Rates and Rates per Night|
This private Castle in Umbria is ideal if you are planning to spend your next holiday in Italy with a group of friends or with your family. The castle is very famous as a wedding villa destination: who wouldn’t want to tie the knot in an ancient castle in Italy, full of history? If you are planning to spend your next holiday in Italy with a group of friends or with your family, the Borgia Castle is just the perfect location for your holiday in Tuscany and in Umbria. The Castle is located at the border of Tuscany and Umbria on the Trasimeno Lake, so it is very easy from here to reach beautiful places of the centre of Italy. This fairy-tale medieval castle was once a property of the notorious Borgia family. If you decide to have a chef taking care of your meals, you can enjoy the different spots of the garden where it is possible to have dinner or lunch during the summer or inside the castle if you prefer.
The castle is surrounded by a beautiful garden of 9 hectares. Take a walk from the garden into the woods, belonging to the property. The castle can accommodate up to 13 people. It is an ideal location for a group of friends or a family who wish to spend a holiday in this beautiful area of Italy.
This is the perfect location for relaxing and visiting the enchanting villages of Umbria: Perugia, Assisi, Orvieto, Todi, Spoleto and Gubbio. Tuscany is right next door, starting with the village of Cortona, making it ideal for experiencing the wonders of Italian cooking and wines. Italians come to the resort village of Passignano, situated right below the castle, for its charming lakefront embarcadero, where restaurants line the shore and ferries take visitors to the interesting islands dotting the lake. This provides an ideal location for guests to blend with the locals and enjoy Italy’s most charming roots like a native. Distances: The nearest train station is in Passignano, 5 km. We suggest our guests to reach the Castle by car. The nearest grocery (supermarket) is 3,5 km.
- Outdoor lovers: hikes, walks and horse riding is available in the nearby hills. The Lake Trasimeno offers many outdoor lake sports.
- Culture and Art: the Villa is conveniently located in the heart of Umbria and near Tuscany. Art cities like Perugia and Assisi are a short drive away.
- Special events and gatherings: the Borgia Castle is an ideal location for a large event or Wedding.
BEDROOMS AND LIVING AREA
The castle interiors, decorated with splendid frescoes, are very tastefully furnished with elegant and valuable pieces of furniture.
- GROUND FLOOR: 7 entrances lead to the Castle. There is a beautiful porch that is normally used as an external dining area, a large hall with fireplace and billiard, a dining room, a TV room, kitchen, WC for ladies and gentlemen and a laundry.
- FIRST FLOOR: Entrance hall with a balcony, overlooking the central yard of the castle. Large living room with a beautiful fireplace that overlooks the Trasimeno lake.
- There are two dining areas in the garden where it is possible to have lunch or dinner outside. The first one is under the porch, near the entrance of the kitchen; the second dining area is located on the south side of the castle, under the tower.
- Wedding receptions normally take place outside the front side of the castle, at the Palms Garden.
- Large swimming pool with adjacent a toilet, a small bar area and a shower.
- THIRD FLOOR: At the third floor there is the panoramic terrace of the castle, which is located next to the top of the tower that offers a stunning view of the Trasimeno lake and a 360 view of the surroundings.
- FIRST FLOOR: 1 double bedroom (Master Bedroom), next to the tower, overlooks the lake and the garden and has its own bathroom outside the bedroom; from this bedroom it is possible also to have acceThe thirdss to the sitting room and to the tower room. 1 bedroom overlooking the garden from one side and the yard from the other, ensuite bathroom, poster bed. 1 double bedrooom located next to the entrance of the balcony. This bedroom overlooks the yard and has an ensuite bathroom.
- SECOND FLOOR: 1 double bedroom next to the tower with a big ensuite bathroom. 1 suite with a 1 twin bedroom and ensuite bathroom overlooks the yard of the castlonee. 1 single bedroom and 1 double bedroom overlooking the lake that share the third bathroom of the floor. All the bathrooms of this floor have been recently renovated.
MAIN VILLA FEATURES
- LOCATION: Lake Trasimeno, Umbria, Italy.
- POOL: Large swimming pool (irregular shape, 13×8 meters. Minimum depth 0.50 mts/ max 3mts). Open from 1st June to 15th September.
- STAFF: Self-Catering Villa. Daily Maid Service.
- DINING: Self- Catering Villa. The Villa has a Gourmet Kitchen (freezer, stove, Dishwasher, Nespresso coffee maker). A Chef can be arranged on request and extra cost.
- COMMUNICATION: Wi-Fi
- ENTERTAINMENT: Riding facilities, Golf, Tennis, Fishing, billiards, Satellite TV, DVD, Radio / CD.
- FOR FAMILIES: Baby cot on request.
- TRANSPORT: Parking within the premises, Bikes for rent.
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: Barbecue, Washing machine, Fireplace, No Smoking, hairdryers.
|2019||Low Season 1||Low Season 2||Shoulder Season||High Season|
|PER WEEK||7,000 €||7,000 €||7,500 €||8,000 €|
|PER NIGHT||1,200 €||1,150 €||1,300 €||1,350 €|
|MIN STAY||5 nights||5 nights||7 nights||7 nights|
Low Season 1: Sep 22, 2018 – Jan 05, 2019 | Sep 21, 2019 – Jan 04, 2020
Low Season 2: Jan 05, 2019 – May 31, 2019
Shoulder Season: Jun 03, 2019 – Jun 29, 2019 | Aug 31, 2019 – Sep 21, 2019
High Season: May 31, 2019 – Jun 03, 2019 | Jun 29, 2019 – Aug 31, 2019
Included in the rental price:
- Daily cleaning: 6 hours per day, except on Sunday
- Use of the tennis court
- Bed Linen and Towels (initial set)
- Bed linen and towels (weekly changed)
- Final Cleaning
- Internet Wi-Fi
- Baby cot
- Pool towels
Weddings: the owner requires a fixed extra charge of € 1,000 for the welcoming of extra guests + costs of extra services such as wedding planner, catering service, flowers, music etc..
Not included in the rental price and to be paid on the spot:
- Cook (on request): to be arranged with the owner
- Refundable security deposit in cash (COMPULSORY): 500.00€
- Tourist tax (COMPULSORY): 0.65€ per person per day
Check in day: Any day of the week.
Our official Prices for Villas in Italy are in Euros. Other Currencies are listed for reference only.
- Check In4:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests13
- Min Stay5-7 nights (depending on season)
- Cancellation Fee$Read Terms and Conditions
- Security Deposit$500EUR
- Air Conditioning
- Free Parking on premises
- Maid service
- Private Pool
- Satellite TV
- Suitable for Events
- Tennis Court